Do you have Lawn Fungus and don’t know it?
Lawn Fungus can be a sore eye indeed in your grass. Do you have brown grass spots, patches and bleached turf? Keep in mind, grass damage isn’t always lawn fungus, so before turning to a DIY treatment, you may want to consider getting more knowledge of the issue. If your suspecting grass issues, you may want a professional to inspect and give an diagnosis. Lawn fungal diseases take on a variety of ugly forms and once they strike your yard, it can be difficult to treat by yourself. Once the issue is determined, you can then identify the safest and most cost-effective lawn disease treatment.
Lawn Fungal Disease Causes
The most common causes of a lawn fungal disease are:
• Mowing to low can cause issues
• Compacted soil
• Too much fertilizer or using the wrong kind
• Wrong grass type for your yard
• Weather conditions (particularly temperature and humidity)
Identify Lawn Fungal Diseases
Look for the following signs:
• Brown patch of dead grass in lawn
• White, yellow, or brown patches or rings that grow in diameter
• Thin patches of frayed, distorted, or discolored grass blades
• Gray, black, red, orange, or purple spots on blades or stems
• Gray, black, or pink powdery or threadlike coatings on and around grass blades
• Areas of darkened, wet-looking, slimy, or greasy-looking grass
If you have any questions and need a lawn professional, Contact TLC By Ken anytime.